Wednesday 5 June 2013

Hump Day Banter

I was just thinking to myself (while derailed at work) about what was going on a year ago. There was a trend in 2012 of making sure I got all my assignment work done and out of the way, as well as exams, so that I could partake in all of the wonderful events we had planned out for Jacq's wedding shower/bachelorette and wedding. While I'm happy to be finished school I am sad the festivities have ended...(totally one of those days with the current grey sky and the load of work).
I remember the first time I had seen her in a while was at my grandfathers funeral this time last year, it was a short trip for all of us, but we had a great BBQ after the funeral with family and it made me think of how lucky I was to be able to participate in her wedding  :)
Of course the memories will last a lifetime. However I pulled a picture of it from Helen's bunch from the first get together we all had, the shower, and in it I believe is the most genuine smile and evidence of the good time that was had.

I'm not sure how much trouble I will get in for posting this, but I really love this smile/laugh.
Though no one will ever be a match for a cousin like her, I do wish we had more cousins/sisters so we could get together more often and celebrate the times. Perhaps we will see one of our brothers marry in the coming few years.
I may be a bit selfish in saying that I also want to help decorate and/or plan events for someone. I feel as though I am in my element when I can do these things, much like preparing food and baking for people.
Dinner tonight at Ruby Watchco -should be a time :)
Here is another pic that captures some of the decor and lovely ladies who came out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment